The Rt Hon Claire Perry MP offers work experience opportunities to students and local young people from the Devizes Constituency. The placement gives young people an insight into a career in politics and a chance to boost their skills. Work experience placements last 2 days and are split across working in the Houses of Parliament and the Constituency office in Devizes.
Placements are limited and therefore priority is given to students living in, or at school, in the Devizes Constituency.
In Westminster, students will have the chance to:
- Tour the Houses of Parliament
- Sit in on Committees/APPGs
- Visit the gallery and watch proceedings in the House of Commons
- Assist with office duties
In the Constituency, students will be able to help with a number of tasks:
- Completing casework
- Accompanying the MP to meetings or events
- Assisting with office duties
- Answering queries from Constituents, either by phone or by email
We offer work experience placements in the first two weeks of July, or October half term. To enquire about work experience, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your CV.